KickStarter Journal Day 8


Welcome back to my KickStarter Journal. At the end of the night, I got one new backer. "FANTASTIC!" As of tonight my campaign is 28% funded with 23 days to go. We are on our way! 
What lesson can I share from this day? Well without sounding like a broken record, I believe the most important lesson is on relationships. In preparation for my KickStarter campaign I studied many successful ones and many unsuccessful ones. If I can nail down one common thread in the failed campaigns, it's that they are not relational. It looks as if the creator just threw up an idea and hoped the World Wide Web community would just magically fund them. It's like going to a business mixer and handing out your business card to everyone and anyone hoping someone will call you tomorrow.
In business there's this saying, "It's not what you know, but who you know." I believe it should read, "It's not who you know, but who knows you."
In Matthew 7:21–23, Jesus says “Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name? And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’” 
Why would Jesus say to them, "I never knew you?" I believe its because many knew of Him but not all of them knew Him intimately. I could say that that I know who the president of the United States is but that's not going to get me a seat at his dinner table.
In my video below I share how one can form an intimate relationship Jesus. The lessons I share can also be used in creating relationships with others hence helping one with their KickStarter campaign.
To a Life Beyond Ordinary!