KickStarter Journal Day 7



Hello and welcome to Day 7 of my KickStarter campaign. The last two days were pretty dry and a bit depressing but today I got 3 new backers and now the project is 25% funded. YEAH!

What lesson can I share from this day? I believe the three new backers were attributed to my recent newsletter. In my newsletter I shared how special this month is. This month marks the 9th year of my walk with Christ. In the newsletter I shared with my audience the highlights of the past years so they could be a part of my story.

Also in my newsletter I thanked those who already backed me and explained in detail why I needed the funding. I've learned that its important to share why someone should support you. I don't think I did that very well in my first announcement.

Also an important lesson to be shared is the importance of relationships. I try to foster relationships by sharing my stories in my newsletters and by regularly reaching out to friends and family via text messages and phone calls. I am also very active in church ministries where I have the great pleasure of greeting people at the door on Sundays and encouraging the men at retreats and regular groupings.

Because of these activities its not a surprise that my recent backers were a friend from highschool and two people I attend church with. So the lesson of this day is to be visible to your audience, explain your need, and foster relationships.

That's it for today!

To a Life Beyond Ordinary,

Orlando Javien Jr., The Man of Many Hats