The Bible Helped Me Lower Interest Rate

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7

The other day I called my credit card company and asked if they could lower the interest rate on my credit card. I got a hold of the customer service representative and politely asked for a manager. I asked for a manager because I’ve learned that the higher you go up the ladder the more likely you can get a positive outcome.

I asked the manager if he could lower my 19.9% interest rate to a rate that would be more affordable. He put me on a brief hold and then apologized because there wasn’t a program available for me. He actually told me that I would have to miss a couple of payments before they could help me. I said, “Thank you” and hung my head in disappointment.

The very next morning I called again and asked them to lower my interest rate. And you know what? They lowered my interest rate to 9.9% for 12 months.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7

One thing that I learned in my journey with God is that He wants us to be persistent. The word says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, “Pray without ceasing.” In Galatians 6:9 the word says, “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” And in Luke 18:1 Jesus tells His disciples to always pray and never give up.

God calls us to ask, seek and knock. Not once but multiple times. I can honestly say the things that I treasure most are things that I persistently pursued. So don’t lose heart, in due season you will reap if you pray without ceasing.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8